This property is available now.
A one bedroom 700 sq. ft. frame cottage with original clapboard siding; front porch facing the San Francisco Peaks. Original construction credit is given to Ole Solberg, a Norwegian immigrant and master builder/carpenter. The sister house next door has a mirror-image exterior. The house has a nice-size kitchen, dining area, living room with corner fireplace, and back porch with door to the shared garden, patio, and storage building. The house has been raised above grade with a new foundation and vented crawl space.
Rated Advanced-Plus Energy Efficiency by the Coconino County Sustainable Building Program.
- Insulation: roof, R-25; above grade walls R-15; foundation walls R-22; exposed floor R-25.
- New back addition (bathroom and laundry room), and front porch
- New front and back exterior doors
- Original cove ceilings and archway from the living room to dining area.
- Electric to original fireplace for possible future insert installation (chimney currently capped)
- Picture rails for hanging things on the walls without hammering into the plaster
- Energy efficient wood windows matching the original designs
- 95% efficient on-demand gas water heater
- 95% efficient forced air furnace
- New cabinets and countertops throughout
- Restored light fixtures & door hardware
- New plumbing and electric (up to code)
- Ceramic tiled bathroom with shower (glass door)
- Refrigerator (Energy Star)
- Gas range
- Laundry hookups
- Fenced private backyard exclusively for home owner
- Locked room in shared storage building
- Use of shared patio and garden space
- Off-street parking for up to two vehicles